Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Well Sunday was a complete success.... there was a very late night the night before as I always like to get everything ready as early as possible and know from previous experience that time goes very fast on the day of a child's birthday party!  I had fun decorating our family room in a Minnie Mouse style with loads of pink and black streamers and balloons, a Minnie tablecloth and helium balloons, Minnie napkins and pink cups, plates and cutlery.  There was a pin the flower on Minnie game, pass the parcel and musical statues to Minnie music.... loads of fun (and the kids enjoyed it too!)  Brooke didn't let go of her favourite present, a stuffed Minnie toy courtesy of Thomas!  There was a cupcake tower for all the little friends....


and a very Minnie Mouse cake for the family and friends at tea time....

I can't tell you how happy I was with the result as I was very worried I would never get the fondant to be black enough and that I would have trouble joining all the pieces of fondant together neat enough on the cake, but all those many jigsaw puzzles over the years have definitely made a difference.
To top it off, Brooke had to take a cake to childcare today but this time it was a Woolies sponge with cream as the centre does not allow home made food to be shared.... how can they endorse supermarket cakes full of goodness knows????  The centre even has a dummy cake with candles to blow out so the real cake doesn't get infected.... ha!

I wonder what cake Thomas will want for his next birthday?


Aah tonight I have my feet up, a cup of tea and a piece of left over cake, mmmm!





2 comments:

  1. Glad it all went well. Black fondant is so tough but yours looks great, the cake too. Any left for me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. None left but I will make one especially for you when we get together....

    ReplyDelete